Author Zana Carver, PhD
Dr. Zana Carver is a college professor who specializes in teaching Human Anatomy and Physiology. Author Zana Carver, PhD has research experience in exposure science and pharmacokinetics (how chemicals move within the body). Zana Carver is the winner of a Columbia Basin College Exceptional Faculty Award in 2018. Pertinently, she also happens to be a thyroid cancer survivor who has had no choice but to learn about all the ways in which thyroid hormone replacement can never truly replace the natural hormonal balance and regulation.
Author Zana Carver, PhD has been disappointed with the long time it takes for good research to be translated into medical “standards of care.” It is, therefore, her mission to find the most helpful and relevant research. It is also Dr. Carver’s mission to translate and contextualize this research for students, thyroid patients, and the general public. Zana’s site, “Thyroid Code” will never sell anything or charge a fee for information, only clarify the truth and increase thyroid awareness one post at a time.
“I help people understand thyroid disorders so that they can better communicate with their doctors in a way that will improve both their health and quality of life. Moreover, I enjoy being a nerd and choose to use my education and experience, both academic and as a patient, to help others.”
- Zana Carver enjoys teaching, hiking with her family, swimming, puppies, and anything written by Dr. Kent Holtorf.
- Dr. Carver’s first book, “Breaking the Thyroid Code” is scheduled for pre-release in October 2018, https://youtu.be/YonmhqhSvuc
- Gina Heath, INHC is a contributing author! https://www.thyroidcode.org/gina-heath-inhc/
- Subscribe to the newsletter for free information and updates.
- Share your thyroid story to raise thyroid awarness. Let others know what it’s like to struggle with thyroid health and how to feel better!
- A sincere thank you to Columbia Basin College for awarding me with an Exceptional Faculty Award in 2018 that has made this project possible!